“In order to offer the superb programs and educational opportunities that our visitors have come to expect and enjoy, it takes a village and a considerable budget. Please consider donating to the Growth Inspiration Fund so we can continue to inspire in extraordinary ways.”– Cristina Blanco, Pinecrest Gardens Director
Initiatives & Programs
- Inclusive programming
- Sensory supplies
Upper Garden Improvement Project: Inspiration Center, ADA-Accessible Playground & Mini Zoo
Made Possible by Friends of Pinecrest Gardens
Improvements span four acres and include:
- An inclusive design and ADA-accessible playground with oversized animal-shaped play structures
- An outdoor Sensory Learning Garden focusing on all-inclusive activities
- a Mini Zoo that offers people of all abilities the opportunity to engage with animals
- A 2,253-square-foot indoor Inspiration Center with panoramic views, an outdoor terrace and a catering kitchen. Since opening, it is used for cultural events, educational activities such as field trips and adult education, and for events and wedding rentals.
- Connecting wheelchair-accessible pathways and additional gardens
- Four new picnic areas and ADA-compliant restrooms
Thank you to the Village of Pinecrest, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection through the Recreation Development Assistance Program (FRDAP), Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Miami Association of Realtors, the Mas Family, The Village of Pinecrest Garden Club, and Garden Club member Barbara Pareira for their generous support which funded the Upper Garden Improvement Project.
The Upper Garden Improvement Conceptual Master Plan, commissioned by the Village Council in 2019, provided the vision for improvements to Pinecrest Gardens. This vision to make Pinecrest Gardens a more inclusive, world-class destination became a reality in December 2022.